A brochure can be an excellent tool for spreading the word about an upcoming event or cause that's important to your business. Different brochures can help you communicate different causes and achieve specific goals. Learning how to make brochures can help you contact people about a cause or event more effectively. In this article, we define what a brochure is, explain the steps involved in making a brochure, review the different brochure templates on Google Docs, and explore methods for creating single- and two-page brochures.
There are two ways to form a brochure. One is by working on an already existing template on Google Docs. The second way of creating a brochure on Google Docs is by manually dividing the page by employing a table or columns. Both the ways to form a brochure are pretty straightforward. However, the template has more design to that, making the Brochure look utterly different from the one you’d manually make. Suppose you’ve got an intelligent edge for creating documents and have the needed graphics. In that case, you will make the manual one even better by adding the specified pictures and making the Brochure better than a template one.
How to make a Brochure in Google Docs
Here are the two methods that I am going to discuss to design a brochure in Google Docs:
- Use a Brochure Template to create a Two-Page Brochure.
- Manually create a brochure in Google Docs from Scratch.
Use a Brochure Template to create a Two-Page Brochure
You can use a pre-designed template for creating brochures.
- Open Google Docs in your browser.
- Go to File > New > From Template option.
- Browse and select the Brochure template.
- Customize the brochure as per your requirements.
- Save the brochure document or directly print it.
- Firstly, open Google Docs in your web browser and open an existing document or create a new blank document. Now, go to the File menu, and then click on the New option and select the From Template option.
- On the Template gallery page, manually search for the Brochure template; you will most probably find it under the Work category. Select it to open and edit it to create your own brochure.
- Now, you will see a sample brochure design that you can customize as per your requirement. You can add new images, replace existing images, edit the headings and main content, customize the font and appearance, and do a lot more.
- When done, you can download the final brochure in various formats like DOCX, PDF, RTF, ODT, EPUB, and more formats. You can also publish the brochure to the web or directly print it.
Also, read: How to Fix Java Virtual Machine Launcher Error
Manually create a brochure in Google Docs from Scratch
Apart from using a brochure template, you can also create a brochure in Google Docs from scratch.
- Go to Google Docs and create a blank document.
- Configure page setup options according to a brochure.
- Add a table and set up the table layout (for the front cover).
- Add a new page with the same table size and layout (for the inside page).
- Insert Content to your Brochure including images, icons, text, etc.
- Hide the Table Outline.
- Save the brochure or print the tri-fold brochure on a duplex printer.
Also, read: How to Share Calendar on Outlook – Easy Guide
How to Make a Tri-Fold Brochure on Google Docs
You can also make a personalized Tri-Fold brochure from scratch using the tools provided on Google Docs. Here are certain steps you can take to get the best out of this tool.
- Open Google Docs and Tap on Blank Document.
- Click on File > Page Setup.
- Print the Brochure
- Select the Page Orientation between Landscape and Portrait Mode.
- You can also keep the margins as 0.25 to make it a standard Brochure size.
- Now, click on the Insert menu.
- Tap on Table and select the number as 3 x 1 for Tri-Fold Brochure design.
- Insert a Table
- Stretch the bottom of the table to make it in a standard three-page size.
- Now design the three pages as needed.
- You can now look over to design the three pages on the docs you have just created. Here are a few things that you can take into consideration.
- Add image and text on the pages based on your theme.
- If you are creating an ad make sure to add your details on the back page for your customers.
- Right-click on any blank space and edit the table through Table Properties.
- Change Table Properties
- You can change the background color, table-border color & width, and much more.
- Once done editing the brochures, simply print the file through File > Print or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + P.
Also, read: Why is my word document black? How to fix